From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Retiring
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 11:51:20
1 On Mon, 4 May 2009 04:34:20 -0400
2 Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Monday 04 May 2009 00:26:13 Peter Faraday Weller wrote:
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > I've enjoyed my time with Gentoo, mostly... But these days I've just got
8 > > too demotivated to work on it. I might have stayed if Ken69267 posted me
9 > > some Lifesavers, but he didn't. :(
10 > >
11 > > On a more serious note, the problem seems to be the complete lack of
12 > > management in the required places, Gentoo is fast becoming
13 > >[..]
14 > >I might consider coming back.
15 > >
16 > Indeed Gentoo has several problems. But we should stay together and try to
17 > deal with them. I 've been around as a dev for 3 months and I think 4-5 devs
18 > retired since then because of all the 'Gentoo anarchy' etc. So please stay and
19 > help us all solve those issues. I am pretty sure that you are not the only one
20 > who's having those thoughts.
21
22 I've been a developer a bit over 5 years. We know the problems and are
23 working to fix them.
24
25 > --
26 > Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
27 > Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sound/Sunrise]
28 > Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org
29
30 Regards,
31 Ferris
32 --
33 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
34 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)