From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] arch-cruft in use.mask makes me angry
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 08:59:18
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > can someone remind me why our arch USE flags are in an "opt-out" system rather
3 > than "opt-in" ? instead of adding things like:
4 > to every non-x86 profile, why dont we mask these things in base/use.mask and
5 > then un-mask them in default-linux/x86 ? doesnt that make more sense ?
6
7 I asked myself the same question about two weeks ago and made up a huge
8 patch, I just didn't get around to verify it's really correct and
9 complete. I can mail it to you if you want :)
12 Kind Regards,
13
14 Simon Stelling
15 Gentoo/AMD64 Developer