From: Mike Pagano <mpagano@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] taking a break from arches stabilization
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 18:42:51
1 On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 07:22:20PM +0200, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
2 > Hi all.
3 >
4 > every time that I attach my tmux session to see what happens on irc, I always
5 > see the same discussion about the 'minor' arches status.
6 > Since I joined gentoo(2011) I worked on all arches except hppa, I put more
7 > effort in amd64 and less where I saw other people work on it (arm,alpha)
8 > But every time the magic phrase is that those arches are unmaintained.
9 >
10 > Now, since I work on these arches just to help, i.e. I don't have any business
11 > and I do non have any installation of those arches and the work I'm doing is
12 > not appreciated at all I decided to stop for now.
13 > If your dream is to put sparc and ia64 to ~arch, go ahead, I have no
14 > objections.
15 > I will take a break also from amd64 and x86...let's see how things will
16 > change.
17 >
18 > --
19 > Agostino Sarubbo
20 > Gentoo Linux Developer
24 Agostino as far as this maintainer is concerned you are totally wrong.
25 :)
26
27 Its my bad that you have no idea how much I appreciate you stablizing kernels. I submit
28 stablereqs and almost say out loud "Ago, please do your thing".
29
30 It's my bad if I've never thanked you but I *do* depend on you.
31
32 Thanks for the time you spend on my "stuff".
33
34 Mike
39 Mike Pagano
40 Gentoo Developer - Kernel Project
41 Gentoo Sources - Member
42 E-Mail : mpagano@g.o
43 GnuPG FP : EEE2 601D 0763 B60F 848C 9E14 3C33 C650 B576 E4E3
44 Public Key : http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0xB576E4E3&op=index