From: Brandon Low <lostlogic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problems with LiveCD
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:35:38
1 To answer part of that, it is simple to get the already patched
2 gentoo-sources... DOH if you are a gentoo user. the patchset is available
3 from http://gentoo.lostlogicx.com/patche-2.4.19-gentoo-r10.tar.bz2 (that
4 is NOT the patchset used for the LiveCD, the liveCD is
5 http://gentoo.lostlogicx.com/patches-2.4.19-gentoo-r9.tar.bz2 ). After
6 downloading the patchset, put a pristine linux-2.4.19 kernel source tree
7 in /usr/src/linux then extract the patch tarball somewhere, and type
8 "./addpatches" from the 2.4.19-gentoo-r10/9 directory to apply the patches
9 (you may want to first remove the 80* and *xfs* patches from the set, as
10 they are NOT included in the default gentoo patching process)
11
12 --Brandon
13