From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Inconsistent and messy layout of team maintainership in Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 21:19:35
1 Replying somewhere randomly with an idea.
2
3 Since projects are now on the wiki, why don't we use that as the
4 canonical source of project members? It's machine readable, although not
5 so nice to have it located outside the repo/ldap.
6
7 The email alias would then be auto-generated from the project members.
8 This has a nice side effect: regular users can already modify their own
9 accounts on the wiki. It should be possible to give users the ability to
10 "follow" a project. The alias generation would then include all
11 "following" users.
12
13 This satisfies the GNOME team's workflow, and doesn't require developers
14 to commit email addresses to some file. One downside is that it doesn't
15 let users follow a single package, and if we do allow that, then we'll
16 probably wind up with two ways to do the same thing.