From: Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keywording, for the umpteenth time
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 18:54:17
1 On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 10:42 -0600, Jason Wever wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > OK, let's review this again.
6 >
7 > If you cannot test a given ebuild on a given arch, then don't touch that
8 > arch's keyword (unless you need to remove it for broken dependencies).
9 >
10 > If you can test for a given arch and are not part of that arch team,
11 > please please please let the arch teams know that before you go around
12 > keywording things arbitrarily. It makes the baby Jesus cry when you don't
13 > and really isn't the greatest from a QA perspective either.
14
15 Sorry folks this was my fault. I've sent my grovelling apology to the
16 sparc team. Hopefully they'll accept my apologies and put my digressions
17 down to me being a new dev. :-)
18
19 Actually I did do fairly thorough testing / QA but I didn't tell the
20 arch team before keywording (bad me!).
21
22 In case anyone is interested; this is about the Haskell packages which I
23 hope to get up to scratch on sparc (with the consent and approval of the
24 sparc team in future!)
25
26 Duncan
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list