From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About suggesting to create a separate partition for portage tree in handbook
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 14:47:27
1 On 7/21/13 4:26 PM, Michael Weber wrote:
2 > On 07/21/2013 01:42 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 >> Would be possible to generate and provide squashed files at the
4 >> same time tarballs with portage tree snapshots are generated?
5 >> mksquashfs can take a lot of resources depending on the machine,
6 >> but providing the squashed images would still benefit people
7 >> allowing them to download and mount them
8 >
9 > I've establish a cron job on my server to generate gzip and xz
10 > squashed snapshots. I sync distfiles from utwente at 6:05 and generate
11 > the squashfs at 6:35 after verifying the gpg signatures.
12 > There's a 10,5h lag between snapshots and squashfs files - we could
13 > improve if I'm allowed to sync against master rsync/dinstfiles.
14 >
15 > [1] http://lore.xmw.de/gentoo/genberry/snapshots/
19 I am creating them as well. Perhaps we can bundle the effort.
20
21 What I also found out that using zsync is quite efficient with squashfs
22 images. I normally don't sync more then 20-30% of the image.
23
24 Justin