From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DEPENDing on system components
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:35:28
1 On Monday 23 July 2001 21:50, you wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 09:49:36PM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
3 > > I understand that. Problem is, most packages don't have a published list
4 > > for the basic utilities which they use. To find out you basically have to
5 > > read the Makefile and look for any such commands. Buildinig an 'empty'
6 > > system that doesn't even have flex etc. sounds rather difficult, unless I
7 > > just remove flex from an existing one. So in really high-level things
8 > > like enscript which I just added, is it an absolute must?
9 > > Besides this is easy enough to fix if someone encounters a missing
10 > > dependency.
11 >
12 > Just try your best to be comprehensive; we can always add more dependencies
13 > as they are found. But a comprehensive, accurate set of dependencies *is*
14 > a good thing.
15 Undoubtedly. OK, will try :-)
18 Dan Armak
19 Gentoo Linux Developer