From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] repoman default
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 18:33:28
1 On 06/25/2013 07:47 AM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 01:40:38 -0400
3 > Michael Sterrett <mr_bones_@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> repoman should default to the -I behavior: discuss.
8 > wont this disable important regular checks also?
9
10 The -I (--ignore-masked) option only disables dependency checks for
11 masked "parent" packages.
12
13 > foo is masked by package.mask, bar depends on foo. repoman -I wont
14 > catch a broken dep in bar.
15
16 No, we don't currently have an option like that, and I don't think we
17 want one like that.
18
19 > IMHO it should do the -I check in addition to the current ones and print
20 > warnings/errors.
21
22 The -I option only disables checks that are normally enabled.
23 --
24 Thanks,
25 Zac