From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Massive package.mask cleanup
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 16:54:19
1 On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 02:18:52 -0700 David Shakaryan <omp@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | I have created a small script to go through entries in package.mask
4 | and list those which are masking non-existent packages or versions. I
5 | then used this list to clean up package.mask. I tried to only remove
6 | versions that were removed and have a newer version in place, along
7 | with packages that were removed, but I accidentally /might/ have
8 | removed other entries, although I doubt it. I kept masks for future
9 | versions in place, as the maintainer of the package might have wanted
10 | to mask it ahead of time.
11
12 So what happens when users have an old, masked package installed that's
13 no longer masked thanks to this change?
16 Ciaran McCreesh
17 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
18 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
19 as-needed is broken : http://ciaranm.org/show_post.pl?post_id=13