From: Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Guys, I need your assistance here
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:26:46
1 Arturo Garcia wrote:
2
3 > And, I won't give up. I am very patient and packages.gentoo.org WILL come
4 > back to life one way or another. Even if it has to be rewritten.
5
6 Personally, I don't see the problem of someone else picking up the pieces,
7 rewriting it, and going to town with it. The source code is in CVS on
8 sources.gentoo.org.
9
10 I've toyed with the idea of taking GPNL[1] and making a p.g.o clone, but I'm not
11 all that interested. If someone wants the source code to my webpages as well,
12 I'm willing to cough it up, though duplicating the backend has been available[2]
13 for a good long while.
14
15 Anyway, as rude as this sounds, no devs have any responsibility to provide any
16 functionality just because another dev used to. What that really means is,
17 we're all too busy and nobody's interested in doing it. Most OSS projects are a
18 one-man force anyway.
19
20 Steve
21