From: Joshua Pollak <pardsbane@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sandbox suggestion
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:21:56
1 On Tuesday 11 December 2001 1:23, you wrote:
2 > most scripts refer to bash like this
3 >
4 > #!/bin/bash
5 >
6 > putting another one in the path doesn't work around this at all
7
8 Perhaps gentoo policy could be to make ebuilds reference:
9
10 #!/bin/ebuild-bash
11
12 which by default would be a sym-link to bash, but on a sandbox system would
13 have the dynamic bash in place?
14
15 I don't know how much of an issue using the wrong shell is, I don't know how
16 often people will encounter problems, but I do know that when bash got
17 version skewed (or something) on my Debian system, it was a nightmare.