From: Bart Verwilst <verwilst@g.o>
To: Chad Huneycutt <chadh@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Determining client/server role in ebuild
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:28:05
1 On Friday 13 December 2002 17:49, Chad Huneycutt wrote:
2 || On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 10:26, Blake Watters wrote:
3 || > I've just started whipping up a samhain ebuild and I was immediately
4 || > struck by the question of how to deal with determining the
5 || > client/server role (I'm interested in centralized monitoring) of the
6 || > machine during ebuild installation. Basically you have to enable
7 || > client/server role at configuration time. So I either have to prompt
8 || > the user interactively (something I haven't seen done in an ebuild and
9 || > seems to run contrary to the nature of portage) or determine it with
10 || > something like a use flag. But I also seem to remember something about
11 || > a policy against adding use flag willy-nilly to Portage. What's the
12 || > preferred way to deal with a situation like this?
13 ||
14 || Seems like a good reason to split the ebuild into samhain-server and
15 || samhain-client.
16
17 My thoughts exactly.
20 Bart Verwilst