From: Chad Huneycutt <chadh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Determining client/server role in ebuild
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:51:17
1 On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 10:26, Blake Watters wrote:
2 > I've just started whipping up a samhain ebuild and I was immediately
3 > struck by the question of how to deal with determining the client/server
4 > role (I'm interested in centralized monitoring) of the machine during
5 > ebuild installation. Basically you have to enable client/server role at
6 > configuration time. So I either have to prompt the user interactively
7 > (something I haven't seen done in an ebuild and seems to run contrary to
8 > the nature of portage) or determine it with something like a use flag. But
9 > I also seem to remember something about a policy against adding use flag
10 > willy-nilly to Portage. What's the preferred way to deal with a situation
11 > like this?
12
13 Seems like a good reason to split the ebuild into samhain-server and
14 samhain-client.
17 Chad Huneycutt
18 chadh@g.o
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list