From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: On hosting self-produced distfiles
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 02:54:26
1 Il giorno gio, 20/01/2011 alle 03.17 +0200, Theo Chatzimichos ha
2 scritto:
5 > I usually create snapshots for kde apps (or kde app deps) till the
6 > actual
7 > release arises. Why should I keep them in my homedir, since I do want
8 > those
9 > tarballs to be deleted after the ebuild's removal? I'm sorry, but I
10 > object to
11 > that enforcement, me (the maintainer) knows better on what to do with
12 > his
13 > custom tarballs.
14
15 We need a way to track the files for things that are provided in Gentoo,
16 by license if they are used for binary packages as well.
17
18 If you keep the prerelease in overlay, do as you wish, but for main tree
19 please use stable URLs please. Especially if the ebuild ever gets to
20 stable keywording.
23 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
24 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/