From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo standard UIDs
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 15:29:35
1 On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 15:55 +0100, José González Gómez wrote:
2 > Hi there,
3 >
4 > I've recently written an ebuild for a package that needs to create an
5 > user, and I have several questions regarding this issue.
6 >
7 > Is there anywhere I can find the list of standard UIDs/GIDs used in
8 > Gentoo?
9
10 There is GLEP 27 but I do not believe any official action has been taken
11 to implement said GLEP.
12
13 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0027.html
14
15 I inquired about it several months back on irc, but can't recall the
16 details at this time. Pretty sure it's not implemented yet, but there
17 might be some efforts in that direction.
18
19 Anyone else have info on this?
22 William L. Thomson Jr.
23 Gentoo/Java