From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should we allow picture files in the Portage tree?
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 13:50:01
1 >>>>> On Sun, 16 Feb 2014, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2
3 > wasn't the whole argument for not allowing binary files in tree the
4 > problems it causes w/ version control history, web interface, and
5 > such? then, what problems does .xpm or .svg cause? none, far as I
6 > know, so why disallow them?
7
8 That seems to be what most replies here have said. So my script will
9 keep the exceptions for xpm and svg.
10
11 The other restrictions should apply though, especially for the size of
12 the file. So small icons are o.k. but multi-kilobyte pictures are not.
13
14 Ulrich