From: Chris Bainbridge <chris.bainbridge@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Panda 3D licensing issues
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 08:16:26
1 On 17/06/05, Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > "An electronic copy of the source code for all modifications
4 > made to the Software are to be forwarded to Licensor at
5 > panda3d-owner@×××××××××××.com within 90 days of the date of the
6 > modifications."
7 >
8 > I didn't notice anything in the license that says they'll reject
9 > changes. I bet they just want to benefit from the open-source
10 > community without looking around themselves.
11
12 Yup. One of the GPL avoidance techniques I've seen is to distribute
13 software to a customer whilst making it clear that if they ask for the
14 source they will lose support and updates. The idea of enforcing
15 redistribution in stronger terms than the GPL isn't new - the Affero
16 GPL uses similar terms to extend the GPL for network services.
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list