From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: openrc use flag
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 02:32:23
1 On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 22:02:41 +0400
2 Peter Volkov <pva@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > В Срд, 20/04/2011 в 12:24 -0500, William Hubbs пишет:
5 > > The author of the bug feels that the way to fix this is for us to
6 > > put a check in openrc that makes it refuse to run services if it
7 > > was not used in the boot process.
8
9 Why refuse? It could instead assume it needed to only start a service
10 in, say, a chroot, like ssh or apache2, without assuming anything else
11 needs to be done. If the service needed anything else, it could be
12 left to fail on its own terms.
13
14 > This is good idea to have in any case since I remember my system went
15 > crazy after I've tried to start some service inside chroot.
16
17 Basically, baselayout/openrc (baselayout-1 has the same problem) would
18 (try to) shut down your system because it thought something was
19 terribly wrong. That's bitten me as well when I still thought I could
20 test services inside a chroot.
21
22 > > This may work; however, I do not feel that it addresses the root
23 > > cause of the bug. I feel that the root cause is packages
24 > > unconditionally installing udev rules which assume everyone uses
25 > > openrc.
26
27 How should the udev rules be changed to match /any/ init system?
30 jer