From: Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hollow@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] qmail.eclass draft
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 21:06:09
1 On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 03:04:27PM +0200, Benedikt Boehm wrote:
2 > qmail-ldap will not be removed for sure, since i maintain it currently.
3
4 Okay, my status there was outdated. We were at least discussing it at
5 some point in history.
6
7 > > And as the netqmail ebuild maintainer, I want the ebuild to be as
8 > > simple as possible, that is, no external dependencies where possible.
9
10 > so, you suggest it is a better way to duplicate tons of code in 4
11 > ebuilds?
12
13 I'll think about it.
14
15 > appearantly, you are subscribed to gentoo-dev.
16
17 … which doesn't necessarily mean I read it.
18
19 > On a sidenote, qmail has a huge amount of open bugs, and has generally
20 > gotten no love in the past time, so i wonder if it actually was/is
21 > maintained.
22
23 qmail != netqmail. To my knowledge, we have only one outstanding bug
24 there, the one with man pages colliding, nothing critical. Since I also
25 have other things in life with higher priorities than Gentoo, it has to
26 wait. However, I should get to it during the week or at latest two
27 weeks.
28
29 Greets,
30 Michael