From: Benedikt Boehm <hollow@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hansmi@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] qmail.eclass draft
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 01:11:02
1 On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 23:02:00 +0200
2 Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 03:04:27PM +0200, Benedikt Boehm wrote:
5 > > qmail-ldap will not be removed for sure, since i maintain it
6 > > currently.
7 >
8 > Okay, my status there was outdated. We were at least discussing it at
9 > some point in history.
10 >
11 > > > And as the netqmail ebuild maintainer, I want the ebuild to be as
12 > > > simple as possible, that is, no external dependencies where
13 > > > possible.
14 >
15 > > so, you suggest it is a better way to duplicate tons of code in 4
16 > > ebuilds?
17 >
18 > I'll think about it.
19 >
20 > [...]
21 >
22 > > On a sidenote, qmail has a huge amount of open bugs, and has
23 > > generally gotten no love in the past time, so i wonder if it
24 > > actually was/is maintained.
25 >
26 > qmail != netqmail. To my knowledge, we have only one outstanding bug
27 > there, the one with man pages colliding, nothing critical. Since I
28 > also have other things in life with higher priorities than Gentoo, it
29 > has to wait. However, I should get to it during the week or at latest
30 > two weeks.
31
32 As it seems, you do not have the time and/or interest to cleanup the
33 qmail mess, but don't want anyone to touch (net)qmail ebuilds either, i
34 have put the updated ebuilds for qmail and friends into my overlay. [1]
35
36 Maybe we can get them into the tree some time in the future.
37
38 Bene
39
40 [1]