From: Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hansmi@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] qmail.eclass draft
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:24:01
1 On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 03:07:28AM +0200, Benedikt Boehm wrote:
2 > As it seems, you do not have the time and/or interest to cleanup the
3 > qmail mess, but don't want anyone to touch (net)qmail ebuilds either, i
4 > have put the updated ebuilds for qmail and friends into my overlay. [1]
5
6 You interpret something into it which isn't true. I'm not “holding” it.
7 Publishing such unverified interpretations publically isn't exactly
8 nice, too. It's just that I don't have time today or tomorrow to look
9 more exactly into it, or, more exactly, I have things with higher
10 priorities to be done first (but also Free Software related!). And as
11 the current maintainer I just said “no” to your code (for now). There's
12 nothing wrong with doing that if I'm not accepting it (due to whatever
13 reason). You didn't ask to take over maintainership.
14
15 Doing a change like this to an ebuild has to be well thought, reviewed
16 and can't be done withing hours. netqmail is rather fragile to breakage
17 and we don't want our users to loose e-mails due to our failures, do we?
18
19 Now, you should correct that blog entry (I'm not going into why moving
20 topics from MLs to blogs is very bad) to actually state true facts and
21 then wait a few days. I'll have some time during this week.
22
23 Greets,
24 Michael
27 http://hansmi.ch/