From: Benedikt Boehm <hollow@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: hansmi@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] qmail.eclass draft
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:30:57
1 On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:19:08 +0200
2 Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 03:07:28AM +0200, Benedikt Boehm wrote:
5 > > As it seems, you do not have the time and/or interest to cleanup the
6 > > qmail mess, but don't want anyone to touch (net)qmail ebuilds
7 > > either, i have put the updated ebuilds for qmail and friends into
8 > > my overlay. [1]
9 >
10 > You interpret something into it which isn't true. I'm not “holding”
11 > it. Publishing such unverified interpretations publically isn't
12 > exactly nice, too. It's just that I don't have time today or tomorrow
13 > to look more exactly into it, or, more exactly, I have things with
14 > higher priorities to be done first (but also Free Software related!).
15 > And as the current maintainer I just said “no” to your code (for
16 > now). There's nothing wrong with doing that if I'm not accepting it
17 > (due to whatever reason). You didn't ask to take over maintainership.
18
19 In fact you haven't been that nice either, but honestly i don't care.
20 Therefore i have just moved the ebuilds to my overlay until you can
21 review them ...
22
23 > Doing a change like this to an ebuild has to be well thought, reviewed
24 > and can't be done withing hours. netqmail is rather fragile to
25 > breakage and we don't want our users to loose e-mails due to our
26 > failures, do we?
27
28 ... so that it can be tested by those who feel like.
29
30 > Now, you should correct that blog entry (I'm not going into why moving
31 > topics from MLs to blogs is very bad) to actually state true facts and
32 > then wait a few days. I'll have some time during this week.
33 >
34 > Greets,
35 > Michael
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list