From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Initscripts
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:42:56
1 On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 20:50, Alexander Gretencord wrote:
2 > Ok I run a nameserver and some other software on my router. The nameserver
3 > should of course start first (after syslog) so the others can resolve names.
4 > So I put
5 >
6 > after named
7 >
8 > into the depend of all the services which need to be able to resolve names at
9 > startup. The problem is, it just doesn't work. I even tried
10 >
11 > need named
12 >
13 > but it's just ignored. The services start in any order they like.
14 >
15 > I'm still on rc6 but that should be no real problem it's just an old portage
16 > etc. but I got the newest init etc.
17 >
18 > I put a
19 >
20 > before named
21 >
22 > into the samba script and it is started right before the named is started. But
23 > I'd really like after to work so I can use it in the script instead of
24 > putting a before a b c ... into the named script.
27 It test ok here. Mail me all the files you changed (rc-scripts
28 changed), and also if possible a tarball of the contents of
29 /mnt/.init.d/.
30
31 Then, did you run:
32
33 # depscan.sh
34
35 after you made the changes ?
36
37 For an unfinished guide, try:
38
39 http://www.gentoo.org/~azarah/rc-scripts.html
42 Greetings,
46 Martin Schlemmer
47 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
48 Cape Town, South Africa