From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:48:54
1 On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 14:24, Armando Di Cianno wrote:
2 > On 2004-09-27 17:10:06 -0400 Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××××.org> wrote:
3 > >> No, it's Gentoo's way of getting an IP via dhcp.
4 > >
5 > > Ah, what about the other options? I may not want to use dhcpcd.
6 > Yes, I agree. dhcpcd offers the least nice functionality of the
7 > available dhcp client.
8 >
9 > However the functioning of base system scripts depend on it. I do not
10 > know if they did or not, but did the person who removed dhcpcd from
11 > the system profile also edit the /etc/init.d/net.eth0 (the default
12 > one) script to politely bomb out and explain to the user that they
13 > need to install dhcpcd if "dhcp" is set for that interface in
14 > /etc/conf.d/net?
15
16 Why don't you search for and/or file a bug on this?
17 --
18 Donnie Berkholz
19 Gentoo Linux
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list