From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:10:18
1 On Saturday 19 November 2005 12:00, Thierry Carrez wrote:
2 > The intermediary decision (during the October meeting, one month ago)
3 > was that the GLEP would be approved, pending a list of changes. During
4 > last month, nobody raised his voice to say this list of changes was
5 > fundamentally flawed. Which in the gentoo-dev world, is quite outstanding.
6
7 Probably because never a revised GLEP was presented?! I think the way to
8 approve a GLEP that still "needs" changes isn't acceptable. There's a lot of
9 information in these lists and I suppose very few ones have the time to read
10 everything, so I did not read the council meeting stuff. Nevertheless, the
11 very least to expect is that a possible final GLEP gets posted and discussed
12 a while before it possibly will be approved.
13
14 Personally I really don't care about the email address, even though I don't
15 understand why we should unnecessarily overcomplicate things. But the way the
16 base (a GLEP in this case) of decisions get changed by the council behind all
17 of us is misuse of power. Obviously this was noticed by the members of the
18 council as well, but the question why you didn't postpone the decision
19 stands. The GLEP process needs to be a bit more formalized as it seems.
22 Carsten