From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [EAPI 8 RFC] Install-time dependencies
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 18:02:29
1 On Fri, 2019-12-20 at 18:55 +0100, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > > > > > > On Fri, 20 Dec 2019, Alexis Ballier wrote:
3 > > Should we use this to drop RDEPEND from pkg_*inst/rm phases ?
4 > > PMS states "RDEPEND (unless the particular dependency results in a
5 > > circular dependency, in which case it may be installed later)"
6 > > which is
7 > > kind of "maybe maybe not" and I'm not sure how one can rely on
8 > > RDEPEND
9 > > for those phases in their ebuilds if another random ebuild can
10 > > trigger
11 > > a case where it's not satisfied.
12 >
13 > This wording has already been updated in git. It just says "RDEPEND"
14 > now
15 > for these four phases:
16 >
17 > https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/head/pms.html#x1-720008.1
21 Ok.
22 My question still stands though, so that we can avoid mutual RDEPEND
23 cycles and also, as you noted on the bug, in a x-compile setting, CHOST
24 deps are not really needed at installation.