From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: About adding a way to check for bugs referring to no longer existing packages in the tree
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 01:39:58
1 On Sunday 15 April 2012 21:04:01 Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 11:55:04 +0200 Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 > > Well, I currently manually do eix searching to check it, maybe would
4 > > be a way to compare eix outputs with "${CATEGORY}/${PKGNAME}" from bug
5 > > summaries (bugs without that naming structure would be uncovered by
6 > > this, but we would still be able to easily check for obsolete bug
7 > > reports).
8 >
9 > I only started fixing summaries to include valid, canonical
10 > cat/pkg[-ver] strings a few years ago because searching for a full
11 > atom in bugzilla's search would otherwise (and still does) fail.
12
13 +1
14
15 i'm a bit more anal and generally prefer it to be the first item in the summary
16 as it makes scanning through summaries much easier. having an arbitrary
17 series of words before it makes it a bit harder imo.
18 -mike