From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:07:13
1 On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 17:15 +0000, Steve Long wrote:
2 > Maybe there should be an ethical/behavioural element to the dev-exam, so
3 > that prospective devs see that being able to work with others is needed as
4 > much as technical proficiency, dunno. But I'm glad things appear to be
5 > changing for the better.
6
7 I completely agree. I wouldn't mind seeing the quiz modified by adding
8 a bit of non-technical questions, and perhaps some more focus on
9 interpersonal skills during our recruitment. After all, people who are
10 brought on as developers represent us all, and as such, should be rather
11 well-behaved in that aspect.
14 Chris Gianelloni
15 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
16 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
17 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
18 Gentoo Foundation