From: Todd Wright <wylie@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Config Idea
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:53:51
1 > Why create a system such as portage and install your PC from that distro
2 > if your kick is to learn everything? Then go read Linux from Scratch
3
4 Because for those of us who took the time to learn everything first, Gentoo is the quickest and simplest way to keep up to date with the current available software packages. Gentoo does not replace experience, and part of that experience is installing and configuring software. The trouble is that these days everyone wants to be spoon fed. Like I said before, if you want a system that you can just type setup.exe and in 30 mins you have a complete working system, install windows. Linux takes time to configure and customise, and I wouldnt want it any other way.
5
7 / \
8 \_.--._* <--- http://www.dreams.darker.net/~wylie/
9 v Mobile: +61-403-796-001 Ph: +61-2-9521-8677