From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Init replacement
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 20:09:10
1 On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 10:08:03AM -0700, Jon Kent wrote:
2 > I must be honest and say that the Gentoo init system
3 > is not easiest in the world, I prefer the old
4 > rcX.d/Sxx[name] approach myself as its simple, but I'd
5 > still prefer the current approach over the proposed
6 > approach.
7
8 It's not a proposal to change Gentoo's default init-system (or at least I
9 hope so). I fully support the OP with his work because one can never know
10 what it provides untill it's available.
11
12 So, keep up the development.
13
14 Wkr,
15 Sven Vermeulen
16
17 PS I'm against non-shellscript based initscripts, but I'll vote in favor of
18 choices above anything else!
21 Thanks to DRM, you know that something has been built in environment of
22 unspecified degree of security, from source you cannot check, written by
23 programmers you don't know, released after passing QA of unknown quality and
24 which is released under a license that disclaims any responsibility...