From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Default src_install for EAPI-2 or following EAPI
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 15:45:15
1 >>>>> On Sun, 5 Oct 2008, Robert Buchholz wrote:
2
3 >> > It's not. If you want to have default DOCS then you should loop
4 >> > through the items and check with [[ -e ]] before trying to
5 >> > install them.
6
7 >> So, maybe just do a 'dodoc "${DOCS}"' and omit the die? Then it won't
8 >> fail but the warning message would be preserved.
9
10 > I understood Petteri's comment to be related to the default case
11 > (i.e. the else-branch), and I have to agree there: Ebuilds that do
12 > not override src_install should not emit a warning when some
13 > ChangeLog file is missing that the ebuild never specified to
14 > install.
15
16 The default would be an empty DOCS variable, or did I miss something?
17
18 So if the ebuild includes non-existing files in DOCS, then why would
19 you want to suppress the warnings?
20
21 Ulrich