From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [LARGE MESSAGE] Media-sound reorganization! [shrink section]
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 15:25:13
1 foser wrote: [Mon Nov 08 2004, 07:50:52PM EST]
2 > Personally i think the current lay-out is therefore not really fit to be
3 > searched in a meaningful way. A more strict & deeper lay-out would help
4 > in some sense, but also it introduces the problem of packages (and there
5 > are a lot) that fit multiple categories. I don't think it's needed to
6 > change the current existing lay-out to improve package searching, the
7 > right way to go is abstract the rather random categories idea away by
8 > creating a fast & smart searching tool.
9
10 I agree with this. As foser says, changing the layout might help
11 some, but in my opinion it's not worthwhile. Instead augment our
12 searching capability and make it possible, perhaps via metadata.xml,
13 to make category membership logical rather than physical.
14
15 Regards,
16 Aron
19 Aron Griffis