From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deptree broken - remove keyword on many packages, or downgrade profile to "dev"?
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 10:39:59
1 On Wed, 08 May 2013 11:56:51 +0200
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
5 > Hiya everybody,
6 >
7 > the deptree of kde-base has been broken for over two months now (most
8 > likely more, it was already bad for a while when I filed bug 460532),
9 > and we cannot really commit new KDE releases without repoman --force
10 > option.
11 >
12 > A package is missing keyword ~amd64-fbsd, and so far noone from that
13 > team has responded to our repeated communication attempts.
14
15 You know, you can email me directly (or even better: the arch alias)
16 if you want a quick response, no need to go through -dev ;)
17
18 I don't think I was slow on answering on bug #455960 : I didn't
19 understand what was needed and from the quick checks I made back then
20 everything was fine. It took you one month to open bug #460532 and now
21 you come with threats because you had no answer for 2 months, please ;)
24 Had you emailed me, I would have answered:
25
26 I don't have time to do amd64-fbsd work atm, it'll be better in June.
27 Meanwhile, there is profiles/arch/amd64-fbsd/todo/package.use.mask for
28 these cases (see comments at the top of the file).
29
30 For this precise case, you can either wait for me to do it properly, or,
31 which is bad but, what I've just done to save all the tears: keyword
32 nepomuk-widgets (it is split out of nepomuk IIUC so should be fine as a
33 "version bump"). As for taglib, it doesn't build IIRC, so you can add
34 the relevant entry to the above mentioned package.use.mask file when
35 needed.
38 If you want to avoid this in the future, please don't commit packages
39 with broken deps :)
40
41 Alexis.