From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add GOBIN to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 01:59:29
On 10/20/2018 04:21 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> It seems that random values in GOBIN can affect the building of some packages: > https://bugs.gentoo.org/631776 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/636506 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/638572 > > I would then append it to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults to get that variable unset > without needing to do the same for every ebuild that could be affected by this > > Any issues against this?
Seems reasonable, since the only purpose of GOBIN is to override the directory where 'go install' will install a command. If we unset it unconditionally, it means that the location will predictably default to GOPATH/bin, which is exactly what we want. We could handle it in the golang-build_src_install function, but that wouldn't cover things that call 'go install' via a script or Makefile.
> Thanks >
-- Thanks, Zac