From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add GOBIN to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 01:59:29
1 On 10/20/2018 04:21 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > It seems that random values in GOBIN can affect the building of some packages:
3 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/631776
4 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/636506
5 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/638572
6 >
7 > I would then append it to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults to get that variable unset
8 > without needing to do the same for every ebuild that could be affected by this
9 >
10 > Any issues against this?
11
12 Seems reasonable, since the only purpose of GOBIN is to override the
13 directory where 'go install' will install a command. If we unset it
14 unconditionally, it means that the location will predictably default to
15 GOPATH/bin, which is exactly what we want.
16
17 We could handle it in the golang-build_src_install function, but that
18 wouldn't cover things that call 'go install' via a script or Makefile.
19
20 > Thanks
23 Thanks,
24 Zac