From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [g2boojum@gentoo.org: glep 27 thoughts]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:32:25
1 On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 19:52 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 09 March 2005 06:09 am, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 16:57 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 > > > On Tuesday 08 March 2005 04:21 pm, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
5 > > > > What about the libconf project ? Can't we still put that to use
6 > > > > somehow (sorry, don't know the details anymore of it) to solve this
7 > > > > issue?
8 > > >
9 > > > what do you mean 'still' ? when have we ever used it ?
10 > >
11 > > Never, but it was planned, thus the 'still'
12 >
13 > ive never heard of such a plan :)
14 >
15 > besides, libconf sounds like just another item that would clutter up the
16 > portage requirements ... but then again, i dont know what the original
17 > intentions were ...
18
19 It was probably about a year and a half/two years back, before you did
20 the euseradd, etc stuff. libconf is a project Dams did that makes
21 changes to config files transparent to the format being used, and I then
22 he have a few interfaces to it (php, perl, whatever). Its just that
23 then we can do fairly generic config parsing stuff (and might be usefull
24 in the installer project as well). Don't know if Dams want to give a
25 status update/overview ...
26
27 Dunno, just throwing around ideas.
31 Martin Schlemmer
32 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
33 Cape Town, South Africa