From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LFS QA warnings coming soon to a build near you
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 13:52:27
1 On Sun, 31 May 2015 13:50:49 +0200
2 Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3
4 > On 31 May 2015 at 12:59, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > nice, but can't we add the lfs flags to our default toolchain flags
7 > > or even better patch glibc headers to always redefine these
8 > > functions to the 64bits variants?
11 > No, because that can easily break ABI of programs that actually want
12 > the non-LFS one (for instance anything that wraps around function
13 > calls, including but not limited to padsp, aoss, and similar
14 > wrappers.)
15
16 This seems easily fixed with an opt-out for lfs flags that such
17 programs can use. They'll need to be touched to disable the QA warning
18 anyway.