From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why isn't /root/.bash_profile in the stage tarballs?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:12:51
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > we should really rename "build" to "stage1", "bootstrap" to "stage2", and then
3 > have catalyst add USE="stage3" during the stage3 step ... that would allow
4 > packages to automatically key off of the environment
5
6 I like this idea (hurray clarity!), but it would add an extra possibly
7 undocumented step for a user to build a system from stage1 (since we don't
8 support stage[12]->stage3 anymore). It would also cause whichever packages that
9 use the 'stage3' flag to be needlessly rebuilt with the first 'emerge -uDN world'.
10
11 Personally, I don't see either of these relatively minor issues as show stoppers.
14 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
15 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list