From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gstreamer + Use Flags
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 07:37:45
1 On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 09:21:50AM +0200, Fabian Zeindl wrote:
2 > Since nobody except Diego replied on my mail a week ago:
3 > Is there another way besides filing bugs and mailing the list to make a
4 > proposal which gets investigated? I think many users are concerned about that
5 > gstreamer "oddness", and I didn't find one good reason while reading through
6 > bugzilla of not doing this the way I proposed.
7 As stated in 100872, any solution involving centralizing the use flags
8 on gstreamer requires use deps.
9
10 Can't centralize the use flags on gstreamer till they're available,
11 without doing something QA has every right to wedgie you for
12 (build_with_use die's in pkg_setup).
13 ~harring