From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposed USE flag: nodoc[Message Scanned?][Message Scanned]
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:34:26
1 On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 02:34:43AM -0500, John Davis wrote:
2 > Then the flag is ambiguous - does it mean all docs or just "special"
3 > docs? I say the best way to go is to just make more ebuilds conform,
4 > perhaps add more documentation about the doc flag to the portage guide.
5
6 From use.desc:
7
8 doc - Adds extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc)
9
10 I don't see the need to go explain every single possible USE flag in a
11 separate guide if the explanation in use.desc is sufficient. It would only
12 lead to inconsistencies between docs and use.desc whenever a new USE flag is
13 generated.
14
15 Wkr,
16 Sven Vermeulen
19 FOSDEM 2004 Free and Open Source Developers European Meeting
20 21 - 22 februari Brussels, Belgium http://www.fosdem.org
21
22 http://www.gentoo.org Documentation & PR swift@g.o