From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:10:36
1 On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 08:19 -0400, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 13:29 +0200, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
3 > > Why not simply allow trustees to veto a council decision ? This does
4 > > not give trustees enough power to be a second council, but would
5 > > permit them to stop something that they believe will damage Gentoo.
6 > > This is very little red tape IMHO.
7 >
8 > I believe that the trustees do not necessarily have any jurisdiction
9 > over the council. They are concerned with legal type matters that
10 > affect the foundation, not with technical and political things within
11 > Gentoo itself. I could be wrong about this, but that's how I read it.
12
13 Correct. Currently, the Council (or anyone, really) would have to do
14 something to endanger our copyrights, trademarks, or our legal standing
15 for the trustees to do anything.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
20 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
21 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
22 Gentoo Foundation