From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:21:52
1 On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 13:29 +0200, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
2 > Why not simply allow trustees to veto a council decision ? This does
3 > not give trustees enough power to be a second council, but would
4 > permit them to stop something that they believe will damage Gentoo.
5 > This is very little red tape IMHO.
6
7 I believe that the trustees do not necessarily have any jurisdiction
8 over the council. They are concerned with legal type matters that
9 affect the foundation, not with technical and political things within
10 Gentoo itself. I could be wrong about this, but that's how I read it.
11
12 Thanks,
13
14 Seemant