From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 11:32:51
1 On 4/5/07, Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o> wrote:
2 > Well, the thing is, vote happens only once a year, and quite a lot of
3 > things can be done during that time. I just think that not having any
4 > rule at all concerning limitations to the council is tying our hands in
5 > our back. If the council never messes up, then this rule won't ever be
6 > used, and if they do, we'll be happy to have this handy rather than
7 > having to argue for ages and being told "you elected us, so shut up
8 > and if you don't agree, don't vote for us next time" (which is an
9 > answer I actually got several times).
10
11 Why not simply allow trustees to veto a council decision ? This does
12 not give trustees enough power to be a second council, but would
13 permit them to stop something that they believe will damage Gentoo.
14 This is very little red tape IMHO.
15
16 If it's only stupid and not harmful it will be solved naturally with
17 the current structure by waiting for the next elections (either at the
18 end of the term or because enough council members resigned due to the
19 situation).
20
21 Denis.
22 --