From: Allen Parker <infowolfe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:28:43
1 On 6/28/05, Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <snip>
3 > Sorry for that, just tried to keep the discussion alive. I assume all
4 <snip>
5
6 It's alive enough without your constant/irrelevant bitching. You're a
7 forum moderator which = staff, not developer. If you think that you're
8 making an argument that actually makes any sense whatsoever, I invite
9 you to click "expand all" in this thread and read some of your
10 valuable "contributions." IMHO having anyone besides the "gentoo is
11 for ricers" crowd able to view some of the things said in the forums
12 at all is a PR nightmare. I'd rather NOT have my clients know that
13 every 13 year old pimply faced boy on earth that is learning linux is
14 using my distribution. If you prefer the forums, more power to you, I
15 think it'd be a more efficient use of bandwidth and space to replace
16 your beloved forums with a wiki (and it'd probably be easier for
17 people to navigate as well.)
18
19 The issue isn't that some people do or do not like forums in general,
20 the gentoo forums, or having forum moderators/admins. My current issue
21 is that you, by playing devil's advocate, Ioannis, are doing nothing
22 other than trolling. In the past, behaviors such as yours... have been
23 described by Daniel Robbins as being a "freak" (see his articles on
24 making your own distro on ibm.com).
25
26 News flash: your repeated arguments and questionable signature* make
27 me wonder exactly how important you really think you are.
28
29 * see my comments below:
30 > --
31 > Ioannis Aslanidis
32 >
33 > <deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E
34 > <deathwing00[at]forums.gentoo.org> 0xC2539DA3
35 > <aioannis[at]tinet.org> 0xF202D067
36 > <dwcommander[at]users.sourceforge.net>
37 that's nice that you have multiple gpg keys and email addresses... do
38 we really need a list of all of them? no? didn't think so.
39
40 > Hellenic Gentoo GNU/Linux project manager (http://hellenicgentoo.sf.net)
41 very noble project -- no comments there
42
43 > FIRECOPS++ project manager (http://firecops.sf.net)
44 hrm... windows? yup, that's relevant to gentoo...
45
46 > Digger Realoaded (http://digger-reloaded.sf.net)
47 holy crap... you spelled it right in the project name, but not in your
48 signature? nice blank page, anyway...
49
50 > Gentoo Forums Global Moderator (http://forums.gentoo.org)
51 Holy shit! You're a global forum mod? that means you have to take the
52 quiz, right? hrm... so why don't you take the time you've spent
53 emailing the list... and take the damned quiz and stop whining
54 already? unless you already did, which... if you HAVE... then you
55 should just shut up and let OTHER people that really DO have a problem
56 (that are forum mods/admins) speak up... because you're the only
57 jackass making noise on this issue.
58
59 Thanks everyone for putting up with my rant... Ioannis, don't reply to
60 me personally or on-list, i don't care what you have to say, you've
61 done a very good job of showing me exactly *WHY* I avoid the forums at
62 all costs.
63
64 (and if anyone comments that I sound like mike frysinger in this
65 post... they can stuff it.)
68 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list