From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:48:17
1 On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 03:21:12AM -0800, Allen Parker wrote:
2 > On 6/28/05, Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > <snip>
4 > > Sorry for that, just tried to keep the discussion alive. I assume all
5 > <snip>
6 >
7 > It's alive enough without your constant/irrelevant bitching. You're a
8 > forum moderator which = staff, not developer. If you think that you're
9 > making an argument that actually makes any sense whatsoever, I invite
10 > you to click "expand all" in this thread and read some of your
11 > valuable "contributions." IMHO having anyone besides the "gentoo is
12 > for ricers" crowd able to view some of the things said in the forums
13 > at all is a PR nightmare. I'd rather NOT have my clients know that
14 > every 13 year old pimply faced boy on earth that is learning linux is
15 > using my distribution. If you prefer the forums, more power to you, I
16 > think it'd be a more efficient use of bandwidth and space to replace
17 > your beloved forums with a wiki (and it'd probably be easier for
18 > people to navigate as well.)
19
20 What was that about irrelevant bitching again?
23 > The issue isn't that some people do or do not like forums in general,
24 > the gentoo forums, or having forum moderators/admins. My current issue
25 > is that you, by playing devil's advocate, Ioannis, are doing nothing
26 > other than trolling. In the past, behaviors such as yours... have been
27 > described by Daniel Robbins as being a "freak" (see his articles on
28 > making your own distro on ibm.com).
29
30 I think before posting you should perhaps take a step back and think:
31 "Am I making myself look like a bigger asshat than the other guy?"
32
33 Please try to refrain from posting any more stupid flames to what is
34 supposed to be a productive development list. This is not USENET.
37 Jon Portnoy
38 avenj/irc.freenode.net
39 --
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list