From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Agenda [WAS: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June]
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 18:28:05
1 В Вск, 15/06/2008 в 15:50 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh пишет:
2 > On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 18:42:28 +0400
3 > Peter Volkov <pva@g.o> wrote:
4 > > By formalizing I mean the following: call for and form PMS team. Team
5 > > must represent portage developers and could paludis and pkgcore. All
6 > > suggestions for PMS draft must go into bugzilla and after patch for
7 > > PMS is created PMS team members should vote on that patch. After
8 > > voting patch is applied or discarded. Until there are open bugs in
9 > > bugzilla council can not approve PMS.
10 >
11 > How would a voting system be better than the current "if anyone doesn't
12 > like it, don't commit it until whatever they don't like is fixed"
13 > process?
14
15 Voting makes the process converging. It helps to avoid same arguments in
16 the next cycle of discussions. If you failed to find arguments and
17 convince majority - you have to live with decision which you don't agree
18 with.
19
20 > Do you think that the differences between the proportion of patches
21 > from 'Paludis people' that are accepted or rejected and the proportion
22 > of patches from 'Portage people' or 'Pkgcore people' indicates a
23 > problem?
24
25 No. Part of the problem is that working group on PMS does not include
26 developers from other PMs.
27