From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: A heretical thought? Blessing project sunrise as an almost-fork.
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:02:57
1 On Thursday 15 June 2006 02:54, Dan Meltzer wrote:
2
3 > According to the devmanual [1]
4 > "A herd is a collection of developers who maintain a collection of
5 > related packages"
6 >
7 > are you sure you are using the correct term?
8 >
9 > [1]
10 > http://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/herds-and-projects/index.html
11
12 The dev manual is *wrong*.
13 I should know too. I wrote the bloody herds.xml and metadata.xml formats and
14 the page along. Indeed it does not clearly specify what herds are, but it is
15 certainly implied in the format description of for example the maintainer
16 tag.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze