From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Automatic Bug Assignment
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 18:19:22
1 On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > I find that often in schemes like this people get caught up designing the
4 > optimal / perfect solution (which is often tricky) as opposed to using a
5 > nice solution that works 95% of the time; but 5% of the time is wrong.
8 ++
9
10 I'd be all for automated bug assignment. Usually when this comes up a
11 bunch of hero bug wranglers step up and say it isn't needed, because
12 we have hero bug wranglers. As long as people keep stepping up to do
13 that I'm not going to tell them that they can't. However, if the bug
14 queue ever does go out of control I'd be all for just auto-assigning
15 them. If they rarely get assigned to the wrong people, then they can
16 just reassign them. And nothing stops us from having a bugzilla query
17 for "new bugs filed in last 24h" for people who want to take a quick
18 look at recent bugs for trends or to help clean them up across
19 projects.
22 Rich