From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: The state and future of the OpenRC project
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 15:37:20
1 On 06/09/2014 12:41 AM, hasufell wrote:
2 > The amount of contributors (with real patches and real ebuilds) is
3 > constantly decreasing, because our workflow is horrible. I hope you
4 > don't actually think that bugzilla is an appropriate review platform.
5 The problem is finding improvements that everyone is happy with.
6 Gerrit is a no-go as Infra has expressed previously they do not want to
7 touch Java. I set up a public Review Board instance against gentoo-x86 a
8 while back but that saw zero instance.
9
10 In the KDE and Qt teams we've seen much improved rates of user
11 contribution since maintaining a mirror on GitHub, but excessive use may
12 cause a problem in relation to our social contract (and many people just
13 plain don't like GitHub).
14
15 Perhaps we could consider GitLab?