From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>, Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Basic upgrade CI testing
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 23:45:04
1 > I think the obvious easy solution here is to run a CI that is using
2 > older stuff, and report problems when commits break that.
3
4 Something that's been bouncing around my head:
5
6 * archive stage3 files somewhere official
7
8 * run a weekly CI job that attempts to upgrade a N-weeks old
9 stage3 to current, with "emerge -uDNav world"
10
11 * for N=1,2,4,8,16,32 etc
12
13 * if it fails, annoy people
14
15 Limitations:
16 1) covers only stage3
17 2) solutions may not always be obvious
18 3) culprits may not always be obvious
21 Andreas K. Hüttel
22 dilfridge@g.o
23 Gentoo Linux developer
24 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)